Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom
Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Po Chu-i (772-846 )


AFTER GETTING DRUNK, BECOMING SOBER IN THE NIGHT




Our party scattered at yellow dusk and I came home to bed;

I woke at midnight and went for a walk, leaning heavily on a friend.

As I lay on my pillow my vinous complexion, soothed by sleep, grew sober;

In front of the tower the ocean moon, accompanying the tide, had risen.

The swallows, about to return to the beams, went back to roost again ;

The candle at my window, just going out, suddenly revived its light.

All the time till dawn came, still my thoughts were muddled ;

And in my ears something sounded like the music of flutes and strings.


No comments:

Post a Comment