Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Bamboo and Plum Blossom
Bamboo and Plum Blossom

Friday, July 8, 2011

Li Bai (699-762)



Climbing Omei Mountain
Li Bai 699-762

The land of Shu
has many mountains of Immortals,
Omei is far beyond compare.
Circling around
I try to climb to a viewpoint.
Wondrous indeed!
How can one comprehend it?

The blue mists support me
the sky opens out;
Colors conmingle
is it a painted picture?
In the's rays
the violet cloud palace enchants me;
And thus I gain
the fortune teller's "embroidered bag".

From the midst of the cloud
the tones of a white jade flute;
Upon a rock
the thrumming of a rare zither.
Through all my life
I have had these small delights;
I gaily laugh
from now on...nothing more.

The misty ravines
as if in my very eyes!
Ties to this dusty world
are suddenly gone.
If I should meet
the Immortal riding the goat,
Hand in hand
we would soar high above the white sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment